So what does "Sextantizing" a link entail, exactly?
- Pasting the call <SCRIPT>sx_graphlink()<SCRIPT> into your <BODY>...</BODY> after the links in question (ie.
<a href = "http://www.acme.com/rocket_sandals.html">Rocket Sandals!</a><SCRIPT>sx_graphlink()<SCRIPT>).
And what do I get out of it?
- A bargraph, on your page, that will graphically show how many clickthroughs your link has gotten. As for its size, colors, and maximum count, that's all up to you.
- That bargraph will also be a link to a discussion forum / clickthrough statistics page that is hosted on our server, but formatted according to your template file. (Check our weblog to get a taste of what this can look like.)
The Sextant Documentation Index
- The Sextant HOWTO: This is a step-by-step guide to getting Sextant functionality into your website (assuming you don't ask too many questions, ha ha).
- The Template FAQ: Sextant's headlining feature is its discussion forums, and how you can configure them with templates. This page (being constantly added to) answers your basic questions about how it works and why.
- Template Tag Reference: Sextant discussion / clickthrough statistics pages are entirely configured through your selection and placement of our special tags in your template file. This page documents those tags.
- Sample Templates Viewer + Uploader/Tester This page demonstrates some sample templates and allows you to see how yours will look before you go live.